Patel Burica & Associates, Inc. is a full-service structural engineering firm founded in 2003 by Sharad T. Patel, S.E. and Michael J. Burica, P.E. PBA specializes in serving owners and architects with safe, cost-efficient, builder-friendly, and on-time structural designs. Sharad and Mike have worked with California’s top builders for more than 15 years, including KB Home, Shea Properties, Ryland Homes, Wermer’s Construction, Woodside Homes, and William Lyon Homes.
PBA provides complete structural services including preliminary design, value engineering, construction documents, and structural observations for all types of building structures including apartments, tract homes, condominiums, mixed-use buildings, and commercial buildings. PBA is able to deliver all-inclusive structural designs for buildings supported by post-tensioned slabs on grade or podium type structures including high-density apartments over parking structures.
PBA’s primary objectives in providing structural services include:
- Preserving the life safety of the public.
- Providing efficient structural designs with the purpose of benefiting both the builder and the end-user.
- Meeting architectural challenges with sound engineering designs based on a thorough understanding of architectural design intent, the practicality of construction, the building code, and economics.
- Providing clear drawings that will lead to a successful construction phase.
- Servicing our clients professionally and promptly.
- Providing a work environment where employees can grow to reach their potential.
Sharad and Mike strive to achieve PBA’s goals by assembling the best, hard-working, dedicated team of engineers, drafters, and administrative personnel.